Re: [AD] Next steps

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 00:02:11 +1100, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I finally wrote such a script instead of waiting for someone else to do
> it.  At least we can build most Allegro examples now, even if most won't
> run correctly yet.
>
> I haven't figured out how files work.  Help getting a few more examples
> running would be appreciated, e.g. a5teroids.

What tripped me up was trying a5teroids first.  The smaller examples
generally just require copying files into the assets directory, and
calling al_android_set_apk_file_interface().

That failed for a5teroids because it respects ALLEGRO_RESOURCES_PATH,
which does NOT work when reading from the APK.
Then I replaced ALLEGRO_RESOURCES_PATH by "." as a quick hack.
It turns out "./data/blah" is NOT equivalent to "data/blah" to whatever
underlies AllegroAPKStream.  So the AssetManager(?) just treats the path
as a flat string, like, seriously?

Peter