Re: [AD] 5.0 and 5.2 on the same system

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:02:25 -0500
SiegeLord <slabode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/12/12 15:53, Elias Pschernig wrote:
>
> > Since 5.0 and 5.2 will not be compatible (well, 99% backwards-source
> > compatible, but still)
>
> I think this needs to be decided clearly one way or another. I have
> heard multiple times that 5.0 an 5.2 will be source backwards
> compatible.

My understanding is that it was decided a long time ago that they are
not (necessarily). But that we will do everything we can to have code
written for 5.0 still compile with 5.2. But if it would mean we
couldn't add some new API or would mean making a worse API for some new
features, we'd choose breaking compatible in some rare cases over
crippling all future versions.