Re: [AD] Raspberry Pi port

On 2012-11-30, at 5:29 PM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:04:43 +0100, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Trent Gamblin <nooskewl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've got a Raspberry Pi port that should be ready for commit pretty soon now.
>>>

>> Awesome news.
>
> Cool.  Hopefully backporting the non-RPi parts to 5.0 (to reduce
> divergence) won't be too much of a pain...
>
> It uses X, but also direct access to the Linux input device files for
> keyboard/mouse/joystick input?
>
> Can you add some hints to the README about what tools to download and
> install?  I'll check it compiles every now and then.
>
> Peter

Ya, sorry about the one big commit, but there's no way I could have managed
multiple commits with all the backtracking and bugfixing I had to do.

It doesn't require X. It will work both in X (where it'll use the X(GLX) keyboard
and mouse drivers) and console (where it uses the old console drivers.) Joystick
works the same in both. There is one problem in that the console keyboard
driver lags extremely bad. It feels like it's polling for input once a second.

It's quite a pain to compile with a cross compiler. I started doing it that way but
then gave up on it. I compiled it on an actual Raspberry Pi and Jon Rafkind
recently compiled it in a Raspi VM which should be handy.

Compiling on device/vm is really simple, just like standard Linux. The default
distro is based off Debian so it's the same process as compiling on Debian/
Ubuntu (apt-get install -dev packages, then run cmake .. -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../cmake/Toolchain-raspberrypi.cmake).

Trent