Re: [AD] GTK requirement

On 2012-12-26, at 6:21 PM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, I did something like what I suggested.

I noticed. I was going to work on this over Christmas but saw your commits before I started. Thanks.

> Sorry if I broke the Raspberry Pi port in the process.
>
> As I wrote, I'm still not too happy that a program which only wants
> message boxes will be forced to go through GTK for input (assuming we
> can get the GTK paths working as well as the normal Xlib paths in the
> future).
>
> I'm thinking we should do as somebody suggested, and add a display flag
> like ALLEGRO_GTK or ALLEGRO_GTKGLEXT.  You would need to set that before
> creating the display if you want menus.

I tried just using the Xlib drivers along with GTK at first but it didn't work. It's either not possible or I'm too new to X programming to figure it out. I know that's not what you meant though. I agree, it's not necessary to have input go through GTK for messageboxes. I think the only thing that needs to be done is a gtk_init? So display flags would work. We just would do an extra gtk_init, outside of the gtk thread if ALLEGRO_GTK wasn't set.

Trent