Re: [AD] tests which are not comparing hardware/software drawing?

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:10 AM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:37:22 +0200, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are there any plans for enhancing our test framework for more general
> tests? I added a test before where it doesn't really make sense to
> run it for both memory and video since all it wants to do is ensure the
> result of a single al_convert_bitmap call.

It doesn't really hurt, though.

True.

> I guess for the above case a simple "software=off" key could be added.
>
> But it got me thinking, it would be nice to use the same test
> framework also for other tests like ex_utf8 or ex_path_test. Haven't
> really thought about how much work that would involve. Maybe to not
> have to add a lot of functions to the parser we could do something
> simple like:
>
> #include "test_utf8.c"
> #include "test_path.c"
>
> from test_driver.c?

Would that be better than simply separate executables which produce the
same output format?  The summary would need to be moved out of test_driver.

True, just the same format would work. (Could even share just the output function, but probably not necessary.) So baaically we could just move the tests from examples/ into tests/ and add them to "make run_tests".