[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-3535030 ] OSX: Mouse freezes after warp via al_set_mouse_xy()

Bugs item #3535030, was opened at 2012-06-13 16:42
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by trentg
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=3535030&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The mouse stops accepting input for about 500 ms after a al_set_mouse_xy() function call. Elias noted that this might be caused by an event supression described here: http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Carbon/Reference/QuartzEventServicesRef/DeprecationAppendix/AppendixADeprecatedAPI.html#//apple_ref/c/func/CGSetLocalEventsSuppressionInterval

Date: 2012-08-17 16:01

Message:
Please try from git now. I used the function you linked to. It's deprecated
but it is better than nothing until we have a better fix. Thanks.

Comment By: SteelRaven7 (steelraven7)
Date: 2012-06-16 03:56

Message:
Same problem when running ex_warp_mouse on the 10.7.4 system. The mouse
freezes for approximately 200-300 ms when clicking, and doesn't jittter at
all when right clicking.

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2012-06-14 10:38

Message:
Did you run ex_warp_mouse on those 3 Macs? Maybe that's just not showing
the issue - but it's all I have to test here.

Comment By: SteelRaven7 (steelraven7)
Date: 2012-06-14 10:27

Message:
The same program was tested on three different rigs, running OSX 10.7.3,
10.7.4 and 10.6.8. Both touchpads and mice were used on at least one of the
tests.

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2012-06-14 10:07

Message:
Thanks for the report. I just tried fixing it, but
CGSetLocalEventsSuppressionInterval is deprecated (and doesn't seem to do
anything in OSX 10.7). So I won't be able to fix this after all. Maybe
someone else knows what to do instead?

Also, which Mac and which OSX version and which mouse are you using? On my
Macbook ex_warp_mouse works perfectly both with a wireless USB mouse as
well as with the touchpad, so I also have no way to test this issue.

Apple documentation does mention a 250ms delay after "synthetic events",
but CGDisplayMoveCursorToPoint which we are using actually just
re-positions the mouse cursor without generating any events. So I'm not
even sure that's the problem (it does sound like it, but why would it not
appear on all macs then?).