Re: [AD] switching to git, 2012 edition

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 00:31:51 +1000
Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, I guess they came from the import process.

Ok, they are all gone now. Sorry for the commit spam it caused, it
doesn't only show commits but also things like tag/branch removal.

A CIA notification is also sent for each commit now.

Also, as my test commit showed, by default git will use some random
username and email for new commits. So before doing your first commit
everyone should do this:

git config --add user.name USER
git config --add user.email USER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Or alternatively just edit .git/config.)

That way committer names and author names will match.