Re: [AD] depth buffer API

On Sun, 6 May 2012 03:25:57 +0200
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 May 2012 10:17:48 +1000
> Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Since the depth buffer state is per target bitmap,
> > al_set_depth_buffer would just fail for memory bitmaps (except when
> > the arguments are trivial)?
> >

> Ah, yes, the software drawers would not support it of course. And we
> may want to add some API to attach an off-screen depth buffer to a
> bitmap as right now al_set_target_bitmap means there will be no depth
> buffer.

I updated it to this now:

http://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=RenderState

So basically, still only one function called

al_set_render_state

but with no negative flags and more proper (OpenGL-like) naming. It
also supports separate color channels again and also alpha testing.

I'm seeing if I can get a Direct3D implementation of it working in Wine
today.