[AD] Motion sensors as joysticks on Linux

I sent this a few days ago but I'm pretty sure it never got through.

On Linux, joystick devices are created in /dev for motion and drop sensors. Allegro picks them up as joysticks which can be quite "fun" when you try to autoconfigure joysticks. Does anyone know a good solution to this problem? My idea is to ignore joysticks without buttons. I don't know if it will work. The question is, should Allegro be picking up these devices as joysticks in the first place?

--
Trent