Re: [AD] Android port notes

On Sun Mar 11, 2012, Michał Cichoń wrote:
> One suggestion I want to make is to not use Android version numbers
> but API levels. This will be less confusing for developers.

While I didn't really do that consciously, I did try and make the code not
dependent on Android version numbers at all. What code that is there that
actually depends on specific (api) versions, checks at runtime to see if the
feature exists, and uses it, or falls back to something that /sort of/ works
in older api versions. For instance, the touch handling. But note, that code
needs to be re-done to yank out the checks from inside the onTouch handler,
and move them into the startup code. Then the onTouch code will just check for
simple booleans (or maybe we'll play some shenanigans with function pointers?
probably not necessary though).