Re: [AD] audio recording

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 02:46:24 -0600
Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lastly, is there any (preferred) way to make events in add-ons look
> less like they are hacked on as an after thought via the user event?

I guess the only way for things to look properly for the user right
now would be if they could do:

al_get_next_event(queue, &event);
if (event.type == ALLEGRO_EVENT_AUDIO) {
    buffer = event.audio.buffer;
}

But I don't see any possibility to make that work.

Maybe we should add an alternate way to access event fields which looks
something like:

al_get_next_event(queue, &event);
if (event.type == ALLEGRO_EVENT_AUDIO) {
    buffer = ALLEGRO_AUDIO_EVENT(event).buffer;
}

the macro could then simply be something like:

#define ALLEGRO_AUDIO_EVENT(event)\
    (*(ALLEGRO_AUDIO_EVENT_STRUCT *)&event))

We should also make a macro for each builtin event type so you can
handle all your events consistently, e.g.:

keycode = ALLEGRO_KEYBOARD_EVENT(event).keycode;

The union way would of course stay valid for backwards compatibility.