Re: [AD] pushing events to queues

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd insist on maintaining the constraint that events can only be in a
> queue if the event source is registered with the queue, mainly so we
> don't return events from a queue after the event source has been
> destroyed.  Is that okay for whatever use case you have in mind?

I don't have any specific use cases in mind ... it's more of a
theoretical question. It seems like the function is missing from the
point of completeness. It was brought up recently on a.cc although
honestly I didn't quite follow why it would be useful in that case:

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/608514/

Ultimately, I think it's just a matter of convenience when you know
there is always a 1:1 relationship between emitters and listeners, or
you want to stuff a queue with a simulated event. I'm not sure that it
really provides any extra functionality, and if not then it's not
worth implementing if there are side effects or other seemingly
unhelpful limitations.

--
Matthew Leverton