Re: [AD] video addon

On 2011-09-25, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wrote this a few years ago and had it sitting in a local git branch
> since then, always wanting to fix a few things and replace ffmpeg with
> libtheora. But doesn't look like I'll get around to anytime soon, so
> sending it here anyway. It uses ffmpeg to render video frames into an
> ALLEGRO_BITMAP and works under Windows, OSX and Linux. It doesn't work
> very well but should be enough to display a short intro video clip for
> a game - so maybe it can be useful to someone.

Hi Elias,

I see you've committed this now.  As far as I know, the ffmpeg API is
not particularly stable.  The video addon doesn't compile for me with
ffmpeg 0.8.5, for example.  If we'll remove (or disable by default) the
ffmpeg backend once others are added then that's alright.

Peter

PS. Please remember to mark API additions since 5.1.