Re: [AD] ALLEGRO_KEY_PAD_ENTER on Windows

On 03.04.2011 18:12, torhu wrote:
On 03.04.2011 14:32, Peter Wang wrote:
 On 2011-04-01, torhu<torhu.lists@xxxxxxxxxx>   wrote:
  I wrote a small test program for trying out raw keyboard input
  (WM_INPUT).  The Shift keys work perfectly, separate release events are
  actually being sent.  On the other hand, there seem to be no flag for
  key repeats, so that would have to be hacked around.

  Would this be worth doing, what do people think?

 What is the problem with the shift keys currently?
 I didn't notice any problem them in Windows XP or Wine,
 but maybe it depends on the keyboard layout.

If both are down you won't get a key up event until both are released.
Raw input also gets you a key down event for printscreen.  No big deal,
but still.  Basically, raw input bypasses higher level features like
menu hotkeys and repeat detection.

Raw input seems to bypass some key remappings, like when you use
KeyTweak (the remapping feature is built into Windows, but doesn't come
with a UI).  Oddly not all of them.  I don't know if this is good or
bad, probably doesn't matter a whole lot.

Well, maybe it isn't a good idea to break people's remappings. My laptop has a bad keyboard, where both Enter keys send the scan code for keypad Enter. I've remapped keypad Enter to regular Enter, which improves the situation a bit. Games tend to check for just the main Enter, which means I'd have a problem if my remapping gets bypassed, and I the game doesn't allow me to rebind the command to another key. I actually can't play Saucelifter on my laptop without the external remapping. No way to start the game.