Re: [AD] ALLEGRO_KEY_PAD_ENTER on Windows

On 22.03.2011 06:59, torhu wrote:
On 21.03.2011 18:22, Matthew Leverton wrote:
 See<http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/606792>

 Attached is a 5.1 patch that adds support for the
 ALLEGRO_KEY_PAD_ENTER on Windows. It's possible that other keys like
 right control could use the new 'extended' flag as well, but I just
 did the least amount of work to get the pad-enter key detected. Tested
 via the keyboard event example.

I've extended the patch.  The goal was to make the left and right
versions of the modifier keys work independently of each other.  It
works just fine for Ctrl and Alt, but the Shift keys are still problematic.

I've also tried to simplify some of the code.

Maybe the right way to do keyboard input for games is using WM_INPUT,
but I don't feel like tackling that.  Windows API programming just isn't
fun.

I wrote a small test program for trying out raw keyboard input (WM_INPUT). The Shift keys work perfectly, separate release events are actually being sent. On the other hand, there seem to be no flag for key repeats, so that would have to be hacked around.

Would this be worth doing, what do people think?