[AD] Allegro 5 Fedora RPM

Some of you may know that I've begun work on an RPM for Allegro 5. I
mentioned it on the allegro.cc forums here:
<http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/606355>. My goal is to become an
official Fedora packager and maintain the Allegro 5 packages and
possibly updated Allegro 4 packages. It was suggested to me that I
might be able to maintain all Allegro-related packages too (i.e.,
games as well). That would be neat. :)

My progress is tracked on GitHub: <http://github.com/bamccaig/allegro5-rpm>

I would appreciate it if somebody could help me with descriptions for
each addon; preferably ones that I could copy verbatim into the
packages so there's no chance of me getting it wrong. :P A description
for Allegro 5 would also come in handy. I've assembled the following
description by combining the description for the current allegro
package and a snippet from liballeg.org:

__BEGIN__
Allegro is a cross-platform library intended for use in computer games
and other types of multimedia programming. Allegro 5 is the latest major
revision of the library, designed to take advantage of modern hardware
(e.g. hardware acceleration using 3D cards) and operating systems.
Although it is not backwards compatible with earlier versions, it still
occupies the same niche and retains a familiar style.
__END__

However, I need permission from whoever wrote it to use it (as it
would be copyrighted technically). One of you might be able to come up
with a description more appropriate to package up too and that would
be great. Eventually, I might need/want translations to other
languages too, but I'll probably go to the forums for that when the
time comes (feel free to offer them now though if you are so
inclined).

So far I have a functioning RPM spec file which builds a total of 24 packages:

allegro5
allegro5-devel
allegro5-addon-acodec
allegro5-addon-acodec-devel
allegro5-addon-audio
allegro5-addon-audio-devel
allegro5-addon-color
allegro5-addon-color-devel
allegro5-addon-dialog
allegro5-addon-dialog-devel
allegro5-addon-font
allegro5-addon-font-devel
allegro5-addon-image
allegro5-addon-image-devel
allegro5-addon-main
allegro5-addon-main-devel
allegro5-addon-memfile
allegro5-addon-memfile-devel
allegro5-addon-physfs
allegro5-addon-physfs-devel
allegro5-addon-primitives
allegro5-addon-primitives-devel
allegro5-addon-ttf
allegro5-addon-ttf-devel

I'll probably have to make an additional 12 (debuginfo packages for
the core and all addons). I've tested them out on my current Fedora 13
system and at first glance they appear to function correctly. I'm not
sure that I have dependencies correct though and it's possible that
there are header files that belong to addons that I'm not aware of. If
anybody has the time and motivation, I would appreciate one of the
actual developers reviewing the dependency lists and file list(s) to
look for mistakes. You can get this from the allegro5.spec file in the
GitHub repository or if you'd prefer I could send you that data upon
request.

I'm planning to submit a review request to Fedora soon (read: today),
but I think I should try to fill in the missing information (mostly
just the descriptions now) before doing so to save them the trouble of
telling me to fill it in. Any and all help is appreciated.

As the upstream developers I encourage you to also voice any concerns
or suggestions to me. :) Thanks.

--
Brandon McCaig <http://www.bamccaig.com/> <bamccaig@xxxxxxxxxx>
V zrna gur orfg jvgu jung V fnl. Vg qbrfa'g nyjnlf fbhaq gung jnl.