Re: [AD] 5.0.0 final release plan

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The suggested locations are only approximate... Should be obvious what
> I really mean:
>
> [linux and OSX]
> BUNDLED_DATA => /path/to/exe OR /path/to/osx/bundle/resource/
>
> APP_DATA => /usr/share/app.name/
> USER_DATA => /home/username/.app.name/
> SHARED_DATA => /usr/share/app.name/.shared/
These are OK-ish for linux, I think the 'unix way' would be to pick up
something from the configure file/cmake file - e.g. if you install the
exe into /usr/local/bin the data should be somewhere under
/usr/local/share/ and so on.
OSX has an API to get these locations (as used in the current code)

Would it be possible under linux to detect if an exe is 'installed'
and look in the corresponding place and if not look relative to the
exe
ie.
[OSX]
BUNDLED_DATA => /path/to/exe OR /path/to/osx/bundle/resource/
[linux]
BUNDLED_DATA => /path/to/exe OR /usr/share/app.name/

> APP_SETTINGS => /etc/app.name/
> USER_SETTINGS => /home/username/etc/.app.name/
> SHARED_SETTINGS => /etc/app.name/.shared/
What's the difference between 'settings' and 'data'? (Sorry if I
missed it earlier)

Given the time frame though I think we need Our Benevolent Leader to
comment on what can and can't be changed now. AFAIK the only actual
bug is that the a5teroids app doesn't run on OSX. Whether this is
fixed in the library or the demo or even in the cmake is up for
debate.
If I can be of any help to Evert for the OSX side then let me know.

Pete