Re: [AD] standard path updates

On January 6, 2011, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Peter Hull <peterhull90@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > OK here is the patch (against rc4) It's mostly just the 2 combined
> > except a little tweak to the docs, using resourcePath instead of
> > bundlePath + /Contents/Resources, and using
> > NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains with NSDocumentDirectory instead
> > of NSHomeDirectory + Documents.
>
> I've committed this along with the xdg user dir stuff for localized
> documents folder. Tested on Ubuntu and OS X 10.4.
>
> iPhone should be retested as I made a few changes to it as previously
> noted.
>
> Windows is untested, but should be correct unless there's a typo in the
> code.
>
> The Linux path has something commented out for USER_DATA. It looks
> like it predates the al_set_app_name() function.
>
> I assume USER_DATA should point to something else; right now it's an
> alias of USER_SETTINGS. TF, could you confirm what SETTINGS/DATA are
> supposed to be for UNIX?

The xdg specs[1] state you should first look in the XDG_* ENV variables, then
fall back to ~/.config for settings and ~/.local/share for data

1. http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html

I'd try and follow most of it, we don't have an api to return lists of paths,
so we can probably ignore the XDG_*_DIRS variables.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx