Re: [AD] Joystick patches

On 2010-11-14, John-Kim Murphy <leftium@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please incorporate this patch that updates my fix from earlier:
> - MP-8866_name_variations.patch: changed to catch all variations of joystick
> name. Different versions of the windows driver report slightly different
> names, but they all contain the string "MP-8866".

Applied.

> I also corrected some grammar and re-aligned the comments in the file a
> little:
> - wjoydnu_c_fix_grammar.patch
>
> Changes tested with Allegro SVN r19902, Win7 + MSVC Express 2010.
>

> I've contributed several small bug fixes to Allegro 5; does that qualify me
> for inclusion in the authors.txt?

That's always a tough question, and the reason that file didn't appear
for so long.

*But* one thing is clear: if a person writes a "significant" amount of
code, he/she has copyright over that work.  We should be keeping track
of all such people anyway.  The GNU project considers about 15 lines of
code as legally significant, which seems reasonable to me.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Legally-Significant

Peter