Re: [AD] log window

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 18:40 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> Can someone extend the native_dialog addon to provide a basic log
> window?  The only operations required are: open window, close window,
> append line, and optionally, clear.  On Linux (and OS X?) we can rely on
> printf, at least for now.
>
> This would be be generally useful, but also solve problems with examples
> not providing any instructions (due to not wanting to clutter them with
> font handling code), or not producing any visible output on Windows.

We could also compile them as console applications (I don't know how
though) - then Windows itself would provide such a window and all
printfs would appear there.

The log window seems like a good idea though since also in OSX and Linux
printfs aren't always visible. I can make the GTK version of it.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>