Re: [AD] log window

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We could also compile them as console applications (I don't know how
though) - then Windows itself would provide such a window and all
printfs would appear there.

CMake currently configures the Speed demo project to compile as a console app and the console appears with messages on Windows.
I tried switching the A5steroids demo project to compile as a Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE) app instead of a Windows (/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS) app and console/messages appear there, too.

Not all messages appear on the console; I know the Allegro WARNING messages did not appear, at least. I don't know if this is by design. (As tested with MSVC 2010, Windows 7)

Windows treats Console apps and Windows apps fundamentally differently; how does this affect Allegro applications? Is it sufficient to toggle the console (on Windows) by switching between Console and Windows linker settings?

John