Re: [AD] offscreen sub bitmaps revisited

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Elias Pschernig
<elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 15:37 -0500, Matthew Leverton wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Elias Pschernig
>> <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > What kind of side effects?
>> >
>> I don't remember. It may have been with D3D. I just now removed the
>> x/y<0 clip and basic drawing appeared to work in OpenGL. I'll play
>> around with it more later.

 */
I tried out ex_subbitmap with the clipping removed, and it triggers
asserts in al_lock_bitmap_region when the source sub-bitmap is clipped
outside of its parent.

I removed all the asserts, and it worked, but the area outside of the
source image was garbage when copied to the destination window.

So would _al_draw_bitmap_region_memory need to be updated to clip sub-bitmaps?

I changed ex_subbitmap to use regular non-memory bitmaps and the
asserts weren't triggered, but the out-of-bounds output was still
corrupted.

I would expect drawing from an out-of-bounds sub-bitmap would act like
al_draw_bitmap_region which (I assume) clips out the invalid parts.

Admittedly, I'm only really concerned about drawing into clipped
bitmaps, but both directions should work.

--
Matthew Leverton