Re: [AD] A5 tutorial

On June 5, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On June 5, 2010, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 11:27 -0600, Trent Gamblin wrote:
> > > I had an idea to use the Allegro fund from SF to pay someone to write
> > > a simple tutorial that covers all of the most used aspects of Allegro
> > > 5. Elias and I are on board with the idea, just wondering what
> > > everyone else thinks, and if there are any volunteers to do it, or
> > > anyone that can be recommended.
> >
> > The fund is $137.60 btw :) And yes, I like the idea to use it for this
> > - we really should have a tutorial ready for the 5.0 release but the
> > one in the documentation is too short and the one on the wiki too
> > outdated.
>
> I've been meaning to get back to the wiki tutorial.. It needs some
> changes though, some of its information was wrong before it was outdated
> :(

Ok, so this whole thread got me thinking about working on the existing A5
tutorial again. And it turns out I'm picky. I didn't really want to fix all
the problems with it, so I started a new one.

http://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=User:Thomas_Fjellstrom/A5_Tutorial_Draft

Its just a draft, and I'm no where near finished. But I've got some basic
tutorials done. Oh, and not all of the code has been tested yet. But at
least the bitmap and input examples work.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions or criticism, I'm all ears. Also if
anyone wants to help, go right ahead. :)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx