Re: [AD] About colors

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 11:11 -0400, Pavel Sountsov wrote:

> So you're proposing not changing the current behaviour at all.

Not that one for filled primitives, yes.

> I think the problem at hand is that OpenGL way, while
understandable
> given knowledge of how OpenGL chooses what pixels to draw, is
> completely unintuitive to users. To get al_draw_filled_rectangle
and
> al_draw_rectangle to line up at least one of them will have to be
> changed to work in the way that is not obvious from OpenGL point of
> view.

Yes. Personally, I think the current way is fine.

I wouldn't mind if the thickness grows only inwards or only outwards
for
al_draw_rectangle though. It would mean as long as you always specify
full integer positions, you will always get fully covered pixels.

Hmm, yes... having the thickness growing inwardly will make al_draw_rectangle and al_draw_filled_rectangle use the same coordinates (right?). The only problem with that is that it is completely inconsistent with pretty much every drawing program on the planet... however, I think this is the best compromise from the point of view of user friendliness and OpenGL reality.

-SiegeLord