Re: [AD] Possible issue with the way allegro uses FBOs?

On June 27, 2010, Milan Mimica wrote:
> Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > Apparently ex_opengl uses an FBO in the same way the ex_bitmap_target
> > example does. ex_opengl shows 350fps, where as ex_bitmap_target in
> > "Direct" mode still shows 7-10fps
> >
> > I /REALLY/ think this should be fixed. If I knew what was wrong, I'd
> > fix it, but I don't. Someone who knows GL should look into this.
>
> It's probably becasue of al_set_target_bitmap() calls which change the
> rendering target every frame.

It seems it was totally PEBKAC. I had an /old/ libGL.so in /usr/local/lib
which allegro picked up before the standard /usr/lib, which is annoying but
understandable... Removing that lib and using the system lib and I get
600FPS from both examples.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom