Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[13184] allegro/branches/4.9

On April 4, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2010-04-03, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Trying to switch to the FULLSCREEN flag I've noticed a small issue.
> > Putting the mouse at the edges of the screen change the mouse cursor
> > to directional arrows for dragging, and sometimes I can get kwin's
> > "expose" like feature to pop up if I put the mouse in the top left
> > corner...
> >
> > It was a quick hack and didn't seem to actually work right anyhow, I'll
> > be trying again later.
>
> I spent too much time today trying to get ex_fs_resize working
> consistently across machines and WMs.  Not really successful.
> Anyway..
>
> I noticed that in ex_fs_resize the mouse cursor can move outside of the
> visible screen.  But if I use the xrandr command line utility to set the
> screen resolution, the mouse *is* limited to the visible screen.
>
> Now, ex_fs_window seems quite reliable to me, and that's true even if
> you use the xrandr command line utility to change the screen resolution.
> Press space twice to toggle the fullscreen behaviour, and it fills the
> screen correctly, just as it should it was a "proper" fullscreen.
>
> So one way to proceed is to, for now, rely on the xrandr command line
> utility to set the screen mode (with the mouse trapping behaviour).
> Make ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN work in the same way as
> ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN_WINDOW, reliably.  Then replicate whatever the xrandr
> tool does with library code.
>
> Peter

I haven't noticed the mouse going outside the screen myself. But if it does
happen, it could just mean I also need to set the "screen size", but I
didn't think it was necessary. I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx