Re: [AD] support for mod files

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Doesn't the singular init function cause every format to be linked to
> the executable as soon as one format is used?

Testing on Linux, it seems that just linking against allegro_audio is
enough to bring in libflac, libvorbisenc, libvorbis, libogg,
libsndfile, etc. However, it doesn't bring in libdumb... Seems strange
to me. Linking against allegro_modaudio then brings in libdumb.

Also, there is no allegro5/png.h like there is allegro5/flac.h. So
really there is an entirely different design philosophy going on
between acodec and image.

Also, on topic of API consistency, the audio add-on is the only one
that doesn't use al_init_foo_addon(), as it uses al_install_audio().
But I shouldn't mention that, since I don't really like the mandatory
al_init_foo_addon() convention to begin with. ;)

--
Matthew Leverton