Re: [AD] 5.1?

On 28 Apr 2010, at 10:51 , Pavel Sountsov wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean here. What is cleanly separated? In terms of
> sticking the bitmap drawing into the primitives addon... well, it's
> possibly in principle, subject to the performance penalties above. Also
> there's the issue (not sure how important it is) that you wouldn't be
> able to do "anything" with Allegro core without at least one addon, a
> concern for some people.

I don't like it for that reason. I also don't agree that al_draw_bitmap() is a primitive in the same way that al_draw_line() is.

> Just thinking *really* outside the box here... it might be neat to have
> a pluginable graphics system too... just like we have for bitmap

Not sure how something like that would work. However, I *strongly* suggest that we don't overhaul the graphics system at this stage, considering that we're supposed to be putting out betas and release candidates shortly.

Evert