Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[13184] allegro/branches/4.9

On April 3, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2010-04-03, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm running at 1280x800, NVIDIA 177.80, xorg-1.4.0.90
> > >
> > > ex_fs_resize:
> > > When started it displays at some _random_ point on the "virtual
> > > screen". (You know that x11 feature where you can change the
> > > resolution and retain original desktop size, you sort of zoom-in and
> > > move the "camera" with the mouse pointer. I can achieve the same
> > > result by pressing ctrl+art+numpad_plus/numpad_minus.) I can move
> > > the "camera" rectangle to the allegro (supposedly fullscreen) window
> > > and then the "camera" is stuck there (which is a good thing). The
> > > problem is (apart from having to place the "camera") is that the
> > > bottom part of the screen is missing. Notice the difference in ratio
> > > between my original desktop size and the one set by the example.
> >
> > Very weird, the first thing the example does is set the windows
> > position to the display's x,y offset, so it should show up at 0x0 on
> > the first adapter. And the second thing it does is grab the mouse so
> > it can't go outside the window.
>
> I think we need the stuff in _al_xsys_xfvm_fullscreen_to_display,
> i.e. XF86VidModeSetViewPort.

Nope. That does something completely different. And isn't required at all
for XRandR, which is what everyone is getting right now. And infact trying
to use Xf86vm with xrandr would probably make a mess of things.

the logic in xdpy_create_display to make the window frame less, and set its
position to the monitor's absolute position should work fine. And does on my
systems.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx