Re: [AD] Allegro main function in separate library

On 28 Jan 2010, at 14:08 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Is there a reason why the osx_main.m must be so big?

Honestly? I don't know. It seems to do a fair bit of "other" stuff in addition to what it absolutely needs to do.

> I'd like to move
> the AllegroAppDelegate class back into the main library (into a new file
> src/macosx/osx_app_delegate.m). Then my Python wrapper would only have
> to recreated a short main() function instead of having to rewrite a huge
> objective-C class in Python :P
>
> Do you seen any possible problems with having the AppDelegate be part of
> the allegro.dylib?

Maybe.
The function app_main() calls _al_mangled_main(). That's obviously there if you're using a magic main (which is when you're using the allegro_main addon), but if you're not using a magic main and still link in the AppDelegate you have an unresolved external. Don't know if that's a problem in practice.

Evert