[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2859274 ] pulseaudio driver needed

Bugs item #2859274, was opened at 2009-09-15 13:50
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by elias
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2859274&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: Addons
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
Both Debian and Ubuntu switched to pulseaudio recently. While personally I think that's a very bad idea, it's unlikely to change. When PA is used it takes over alsa (and oss) - but using the fake alsa doesn't work with most applications (see http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup). It also doesn't work very well in A5, even after supporting r/w transfer in addition to mmap.

This means, we need an audio driver which directly talks to PA. The API is very simple luckily, a driver won't be hard to write: http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/pulseaudio/doxygen/simple.html

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)