Re: [AD] Improvements to the graphics drivers

On Sat, October 10, 2009 11:58 pm, Anders Andersson said:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, October 10, 2009 2:39 pm, Paul Suntsov said:
>>> So, there have been some discussion here, on the forums and irc about 3 major features that are
>>> generally desirable for Allegro 5 to have. I wanted to start working up to implementing them,
>>> so I
>>> figured I'd outline them here, with their rough proposed api. The are presented in the order I
>>> think they should be implemented.
>>
>> It all sounds pretty useful to me. Especially #1 and #3.
>>
>> Trent :-)
>
> I agree that #1 and #3 are good. I see some usefullness in #2 too but
> I'd like to propose a different approach
[snip]

I recommend against the "load directly into atlas" approach. I think it would be generally more
useful to add a generic bitmap to an atlas. This will allow generated tilemaps and things. We
could have both functions but the add existing bitmap to atlas function is the only necessary one.

Trent :-)