Re: [AD] mesa related bug

On 2009-09-04, Paul Suntsov <siegelords_abode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After upgrading my mesa packages, I noticed that my A4.9 programs (examples included) stopped working, yielding this message when run:
>
> failed to create drawable
> X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  55 (X_CreateGC)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x4000002
>   Serial number of failed request:  31
>
> The code that causes the 'failed to create drawable' message is located in src/x/xglx_config.c, in _al_xglx_config_create_context:
>
> if (glx->fbc) {
>
>    /* Create a GLX subwindow inside our window. */
>    glx->glxwindow = glXCreateWindow(system->gfxdisplay, *glx->fbc,
>       glx->window, 0); <---- This line prints the error
> }
> else {
>    /* Create a GLX context from visual info. */
>    glx->context = glXCreateContext(system->gfxdisplay, glx->xvinfo,
>       existing_ctx, True);
>    glx->glxwindow = glx->window;
> }

Do you think it's a bug in Mesa?  Maybe try a different version, or
build a debug version of Mesa and trace it in gdb.

Also try replacing that call with:

    glx->glxwindow = glx->window;

A web search showed someone else with the same error, who reported that
the simple assignment seemed to work.  If it turns out to be a bug in a
widely distributed version of Mesa maybe we need a workaround.

Peter