Re: [AD] clipping, sub bitmaps

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Trent Gamblin<trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, August 15, 2009 5:27 pm, Matthew Leverton said:
>> Any comments? It would be very useful if supported. I removed clipping
>> from the sub bitmap code and tested out:
>
> Let me see if I follow.

I mean for the two cases to be separate from each other. I've attached
an illustration.

My point is that it makes sense for a negative sub bitmap to be
treated as if it existed in its entirety, as opposed to silently
clipping it. So if a sub bitmap is positioned at -320,-240 of its
parent, drawing to the sub-bitmap at 0,0 should give the same effect
as drawing to -320,-240 of its parent.

The current behavior of clipping the top/left part of a sub-bitmap and
shifting its origin makes no sense and is useless, in my opinion.

--
Matthew Leverton