Re: [AD] clipping, sub bitmaps

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Paul Suntsov<siegelords_abode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The transformations from the primitive addon can be used to accomplish this. E.g. your first example will look like:
> Obviously, won't work with bitmaps or text though as those are not tied down to that system officially (in practice, it will work though, but it's undocumented).

I just tested it out, and it didn't affect al_draw_bitmap(). (Not that
I expected it to, at least per the manual.) But it worked great when
using the primitive routines.

Is it feasible to add support to 4.9 that would allow transformations
to affect all drawing operations? I'm only interested in translations.

Allowing sub-bitmaps to have an origin that is negative would also
give me what I'm looking for. (Although I think moving the origin via
a translation would be nicer.)

--
Matthew Leverton