Re: [AD] al_put/draw_pixel() speed

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Elias
Pschernig<elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With OpenGL, if no FBO extension is available, you simply can only draw
> to the screen - everything else will be really slow (downloading the
> texture, drawing to it with our software routines, uploading it back to
> opengl). Can you check in allegro.log if FBO is being used?

I don't have debug mode installed at the moment, but if you are
talking about the 3.0 framebuffer extensions, then I'm sure that the
Intel GM950 doesn't support it, as it is 1.4 only. I don't really care
much about OpenGL on Windows anyway.

I'm more curious why ALLEGRO_NO_PRESERVE_TEXTURE had a profound effect
on D3D. It would be nice if somebody who know what he was doing would
put together an "Allegro 5 capable PC" test that would explicitly
point out what features are essentially useless due to your hardware,
and which flags are necessary to receive any sort of acceptable
performance.

--
Matthew Leverton