Re: [AD] slow fonts

> Really nice.
>
> You must have better documentation than me. All the
> Freetype examples
> have a call to FT_Load_Glyph for each glyph (and all it
> does according
> to the docs is fill in the FT_Face->face slot, which
> would not take any
> time). So I'd never have looked at this for speed
> improvement, with
> http://freetype.sourceforge.net/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-base_interface.html#FT_Load_Glyph
> not mention anything. Seems this function actually did a lot
> more though.

Here's my source: http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/ft2faq.html#general-donts Specifically, the 'glyph caching' heading. I checked the outputs more closely, and they are pixel for pixel identical with my fix vs without it, so looks like the advance values are constant. I've committed a slightly cleaned up version of my patch.

-SiegeLord