Re: [AD] Fixdll.bat for gcc-3.exe

The reason gcc.exe isn't accessible is because this is regular Windows CLI, not Cygwin.

There are a few people involved with AllegroNet right now, and we're always on different computers, and A5 is unpleasant to build for VS, so I'm writing rakefiles to automate it. I can't very well start up a Cygwin session from my rake tasks, and running a rakefile from Cygwin sandboxes it.

It seems wrong to have Cygwin as a dependency at all for this scenario, so perhaps finding a way to write a fixdll.bat with VS would be better?

The likelihood of someone else using Cygwin on the SVN version and not using the prompt might be very low, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/7/15 Kibiz0r <kibiz0r@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Under Cygwin, the gcc package is actually called gcc-3, so you must either
> rename gcc-3 or modify fixdll.bat to build from SVN. Patch attached.

That doesn't sound right.

But you can provide a patch that gets the compiler to call from the CC
environment variable (if unset, default to gcc) or at worst supplied
as a command line argument.

Peter