[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2751286 ] pkg-config static libraries don't work

Bugs item #2751286, was opened at 2009-04-11 01:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by elias
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2751286&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
$(pkg-config --libs --static allegro-4.9) doesn't actually work. The
problem is that pkg-config will spit out -lallegro-4.9 when our static
library is called liballegro-static-4.9.a.  But also pkg-config isn't
smart enough to write the full path to the .a file, so if you have
liballegro-static-4.9.so installed as well that will be used instead.

Date: 2009-05-06 13:01

Message:
I think pkg-config is too dumb to do this right - the only way is to have
separate packages for static and dynamic versions so I changed it to do
that. Now you can do:

"pkg-config --libs --static allegro-static-4.9" and it should work as
intended.