[AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2444866 ] Memory bitmap routines fail on pre-locked bitmaps

Bugs item #2444866, was opened at 2008-12-18 10:29
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by elias
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105665&aid=2444866&group_id=5665

not just the latest update.
Category: Core Library
Group: 4.9

Initial Comment:
All of the current memory routines fail to work if the destination or the source bitmap is already locked. The intended behaviour should be for them to be able to use pre-locked bitmaps, if possible, to minimize the number of locks required. E.g. the user might lock a specified region of the screen, and perform multiple memory blits to it without any intermediate locks/unlocks. As is, this is impossible with the current behaviour.

Date: 2009-05-06 13:04

Message:
Closing it as the documentation is updated to only allow al_put_pixel on
locked bitmaps.

Comment By: Elias Pschernig (elias)
Date: 2009-03-29 16:10

Message:
Currently, locking a bitmap means that you cannot use graphics operations
on it any longer (except put_pixel/draw_pixel).

If we change this, we need to clarify what happens if only a region is
locked. Will it be intersected with the clipping rectangle if the target
bitmap is locked, and will it act as source clipping (which we don't
otherwise support even) rectangle when used in any of the draw_bitmap
functions? Or will functions fail if they aren't wholly contained in the
region? Will they fail if not the whole bitmap is locked?

Comment By: Milan Mimica (mmimica)
Date: 2008-12-18 10:46

Message:
Pixel manipulation routines are fine i think.