Re: [AD] file loading

On 19 Apr 2009, at 17:23 , Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
There is no reason to have per thread vtables. and all it'll do is make io
that much slower (tls != fast). I don't know why it was changed.

Well, I wouldn't say that there is no reason; I can see that there are situations where it's useful. Whether it's something that's necessary is another matter; I'd say probably not. I also don't know how big the overhead of TLS is in practice, so I don't know whether it's significant compared to file I/O or not.