Re: [AD] search path?

Peter Hull wrote:
I'm just trying to understand the API a bit more and I've forgotten
all the previous discussion. Is there any more documentation apart
from the stuff at http://alleg.sourceforge.net/a5docs/ ?

No, it should have the complete fshooks API as it is in current SVN. Which is rather incomplete right now of course.

Is it possible to 'reset' al_readdir and enumerate through it again?

In PhysFS, the default read/write dirs are empty. So if we copy the semantics, an attempt to read a file without calling al_add_search_path will always fail. Same for writing.

And, is there a way to set the CWD to an ALLEGRO_FS_ENTRY? That would
seem to me to be quite useful, say if you put all the resources in a
zip file.

This part is still missing. fshook.c has this:

struct ALLEGRO_FS_HOOK_SYS_INTERFACE  *_al_sys_fshooks = &_al_stdio_sys_fshooks;

So all functions right now always use stdio. We have yet to decide how things like a zip/physfs addon should work. Should we really use the above global variable? Should it be a global, but per-thread? Or is there a better way alltogether to add this to the API?

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>