Re: [AD] Splitting filesystem APIs

On 2009-04-18, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat April 18 2009, Peter Wang wrote:
> > On 2009-04-18, Peter Hull <peterhull90@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Is this a big change to the fshooks code we have now?
> >
> > Nope.
>
> It actually is. :P now you have two different handles, one fir DIRs one for
> FILEs.

The distinction was always there, just hidden under the one type.
That's why a runtime check ASSERT(!fp_stdio->isdir); was required in all
the al_f* functions.  Now the difference be exposed for the user and
compiler alike.

I assure you, it works fine and is clearer for all.  You won't want to
agree with me because I'm changing your design.  Fine, I can play the
bad guy.

Peter