Re: [AD] proposed changes to sound API

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have not yet committed the changes to the acodec add-on (other than
> those required to work with the new kcm_audio) as it looks like there
> were some recent updates to the file system functions that I'll have
> to update my code to use. I should be able to get that done by end of
> Tuesday.

I just committed the acodec changes:

* wav.c was renamed to sndfile.c
* The new wav.c has native support for reading and writing wav files.
sndfile takes precedence if available.
* API updates to reflect recent changes to kcm_audio

I updated the cmake files, but whatever other build systems are
present will need to be updated.

Some of the API might still be a little inconsistent. e.g.
al_attach_sample_to_*** should be al_attach_sample_instance_to_***,
although either way it's clear what is meant. I won't have time to go
through it again before the next release, so whatever else needs to be
done could probably wait until after the next release.

--
Matthew Leverton