Re: [AD] File to test different screen modes

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Elias Pschernig
<elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 08:33 +0000, Colin Ward wrote:
>> *BUMP*
>>
>> Nobody thinks this might be a useful thing to add?
>>

> For non-Amiga (and non-DOS), there's no difference between screen modes
> (DirectX/X11/... will take care of it), so for most of us it won't test
> much.
>
> It does expose some never-solved RGB order problems on repeated calls to
> set_gfx_mode here in X11 though (so the rectangles are blue instead of
> red sometimes).
>
> Anyway, if you can provide a patch to wire it into the build system, I
> can commit it to the 4.3.10plus branch. Maybe also better have it in the
> tests folder instead of in examples?
>
> --
> Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>

+1 for adding this to at least the 4.3.10plus branch as it might be
useful on Haiku.  We're still in pre-alpha on the os itself and have
seen some problems which switching of screen modes, so any tests like
this would be helpful.
-scottmc