Re: [AD] Amiga OS 4.3.10plus patch

On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 09:55 +0000, Colin Ward wrote:
> On 18/01/2009, you wrote:
> >

> [Snipped talk of PSP patch]
>
> > Very nice. I can't test any of it - but applying the patch does not
> > break the linux build, so I don't see a reason not to apply it.
> >
> > If the AmigaOS 4 patch also arrives in time, we could have a 4.4.0
> > release with two new platforms :)
>
> Yes I need to get my finger out on this one.  :-)  After finishing and
> releasing it (the binaries as a shared object + the "SDK" for people to
> compile games with) I wanted to work on a different project for a while.
> Something like Allegro tends to take over the whole of one's spare time
> programming...
>
> I have a couple of questions about the submission.  Apart from packaging up
> the source code to post to this list, what other steps do I need to follow?
>  Elias mentioned updating docs/src/build/psp._tx for the PSP submission.  I
> can make a file for the Amiga OS version too although I don't know if I
> have a local copy of the software that generates docs out of it.  What
> software is this?  Latex or something similar I assume.

It's a custom program called makedoc which is built during the build.
All you need to do is add your file to DOCBUILDFILES in makefile.all,
then all platforms using makefile.all will convert the ._tx
to .txt/.html/man pages/... during the build. If your native makefile
doesn't use makefile.all I guess it's no big problem either, as releases
contain pre-generated build docs (AFAIK) and all the docs are online
anyway.

> I also have a question with the build system.  The Amiga is a "sort of" UNIX
> in that it was very much inspired by UNIX, but it's not actually a UNIX.
> It's certainly much closer than Windows to the point where various add ons
> and ports of software over the years have made it a semi-POSIX system and
> we have Cygnix style systems that can allow UNIX fans to run configure
> scripts etc.  But it is usually more effort than it is worth so I just made
> a makefile.os4 makefile that you use to compile it.  Is this acceptable or
> do I need to integrate it into the build system somehow?  Is CMake only
> used for Allegro 4.9?

Yes, cmake is only used in 4.9, a separate makefile is fine for 4.x.

> Once it's in, can someone give me Subversion access so that I can continue
> to update it?

Sure. What's your SF username again?