Re: [AD] New Allegro PSP 4.3.10plus patch

On 18/01/2009, you wrote:

[Snipped talk of PSP patch]

> Very nice. I can't test any of it - but applying the patch does not
> break the linux build, so I don't see a reason not to apply it.
>
> If the AmigaOS 4 patch also arrives in time, we could have a 4.4.0
> release with two new platforms :)

Yes I need to get my finger out on this one.  :-)  After finishing and
releasing it (the binaries as a shared object + the "SDK" for people to
compile games with) I wanted to work on a different project for a while.
Something like Allegro tends to take over the whole of one's spare time
programming...

I have a couple of questions about the submission.  Apart from packaging up
the source code to post to this list, what other steps do I need to follow?
 Elias mentioned updating docs/src/build/psp._tx for the PSP submission.  I
can make a file for the Amiga OS version too although I don't know if I
have a local copy of the software that generates docs out of it.  What
software is this?  Latex or something similar I assume.

I also have a question with the build system.  The Amiga is a "sort of" UNIX
in that it was very much inspired by UNIX, but it's not actually a UNIX.
It's certainly much closer than Windows to the point where various add ons
and ports of software over the years have made it a semi-POSIX system and
we have Cygnix style systems that can allow UNIX fans to run configure
scripts etc.  But it is usually more effort than it is worth so I just made
a makefile.os4 makefile that you use to compile it.  Is this acceptable or
do I need to integrate it into the build system somehow?  Is CMake only
used for Allegro 4.9?

Once it's in, can someone give me Subversion access so that I can continue
to update it?

I also have a couple of local edits of the Allegro src directory - in
particular we have issues with signed -vs- unsigned sound samples, but
that's a subject for another thread.

[Hitman/Code HQ - 6502/z80/68000/604e/80x86/ARM coder - Amiga rulez!]
[VZ-200/VIC-20/MZ-700/c16/c64*10/c128*8/Plus-4/CPC464/CD32/500*2    ]
[600/1000/1200*2/A4000/SNES/N64/Dreamcast/Athlon 1100/AmigaOne      ]
[Assembly Language: The most fun you can have with your clothes on! ]