Re: [AD] using internals from addons

Peter Wang wrote:
How do we feel about using Allegro internals in addons?
I think the answer is simple: If your addon is bundled with Allegro, then feel free to use internal functions. In fact, I would encourage it if it makes those addons feel more native. (e.g., shutdown functions). Some sort of guideline could ensure that bundled addons don't get too closely tied with the internal functions.

If your addon is not bundled with Allegro, then you shouldn't use any internals. (Of course you still can, but it would be heavily discouraged.)

I don't think it's wise to guarantee any internal function to stay the same in future versions. If something "internal" needs to be changed, then there shouldn't be any contract preventing that from happening.

--
Matthew Leverton