Re: [AD] memory bitmap blending

> Funny, I'd be all for option 2 because it means I can do something
> without needing to learn how to use platform specific shaders (ie, I
> can "just" use Allegro).
>
> I haven't thought about instances where I'd need alpha-alpha
> blending, but on first thought it doesn't sound like it would be that
> isoteric.

You can already do alpha alpha blending with the current api. It
just won't work on d3d when drawing that way to the screen because
d3d won't even let you set a backbuffer format that has alpha in
it. It is a fairly esoteric thing to do though, the only use for
destination alpha I can thing of is if you wanted to draw a scene
inside of a shape or inside some text, but then the stencil
buffer is better fit for the job.

Trent :{)>