Re: [AD] Allegro 5 TODOs (from wiki)

On December 9, 2008, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On 27-Nov-08, at 10:31 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> >> # API to find common locations, like the location where to store per-
> >> user savegames (same directory as .exe often doesn't cut it, e.g.
> >> under UNIX) (done?)
> >
> > Yup. al_get_path(). We need to add another enum though, something to
> > do with
> > USER/SYSTEM settings.. I think.
>
> Do you remember what exactly this was and how it's supposed to be
> implemented?

It needs AL_PATH_USER_SETTINGS and AL_PATH_SYSTEM_SETTINGS to be added. IIRC
OSX doesn't want to place the settings for things in the same place, and if we
ever do get a al_set_application_name(...) function, then the full dir path
including the app name can be automatically included for the user.

Its a simple addition, just add two new enum values to the enum, and implement
as the specific platform expects.